After our fail with iPage we switched to StableHost, a provider that isn’t as popular, but gets some really good reviews online. StableHost costs a bit more than iPage, but it is worth it. We’re paying $3.95, but we get 40% off so it is actually only $2.37 a month.
Whilst this is a bit more than iPage it is really worth it. StableHost seems to offer really fast speeds for a shared hosting provider and since we’ve been hosting on them we haven’t had any downtime. For $2.37 a month this seems like a pretty good deal. They also offer a 45-day trail for their hosting plans during which time you can get a full refund if you change your mind – certainly worth giving it a try.
So What Do You Get For Your $2.37 a Month Outlay?
- A standard cPanel control panel
- PHP 5.4
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- 1GB of disk space – enough to host a few sites
- Unlimited monthly data bandwidth – although iPage’s speed will limit you – again this is within reason
- Unlimited Sub Domains (not offered on iPage)
- Unlimited Add-on domains
- Free shared SSL certificates and the ability to use your own SSL certificate (also free)
- Loads of RAM – 4GB per account
- 1-click install scripts for Joomla and WordPress etc
As we said above we’ve been really happy with StableHost since we’ve been using it.
- Speed, speed, speed – StableHost seems very fast for a cheap shared hosting provider
- Reasonable price – $2.37 a month
- Unlimited websites
- Unlimited databases
- Unlimited domains inc subdomains
- Easy to use install 1-click install engine for WordPress and other CMS applications
- 45-day money back guarantee on hosting plans
- None really, but I guess that it costs money